Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crash


Boy it has been a tumultuous past couple of weeks. Last week I collaborated with Ian Ruffino to turn the shredded paper that I had gathered into new clean sheets of paper. That took place on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then on Thursday a gave a presentation to the glass club about this project and two past projects leading up to this project. And after the presentation they blew some glass vessels for me. They look really cool, like bacterial cells growing together.

After it was all over I felt exhausted. I felt like I was going to collapse. I could have easily fallen asleep right there in the studio, but I somehow made it home, on my bike no less. And then it hit me. That emptiness that you feel after exerting yourself so completely that you have absolutely nothing left in you, and then it is all over and everyone goes home and your like, what? that's it? It is like when I worked really hard in college and pulled an all nighter to write a paper and you hand it in just in the nick of time and class just goes on like normal. Nobody even knows how hard you worked. I felt like I needed some celebration or acknowledgement or something.

But I guess that is what the opening reception is for. May 9, 2011, 5-7pm at Hopkins Hall Gallery. Hope to see lots of people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment