Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back to work

After a few weeks of just working on getting the Fuse Factory show ready and installed I finally got to work on this again. I tried using the desktop variable power supple to charge up the solar engine circuit that I build last time. I was hoping that I could get it to charge up enough to get it to trip. The first time I did it it seemed to work, I thought I heard the motor spin for a fraction of a second, but I couldn't get it to do it again. The zener was getting really hot and nothing was happening so I think I burned something out. I'm not sure how to test all the components though.

Laurie was there and she helped me make the executive decision to just order a kit online. It cost a bit of money but it will save me so much time and headache and move the project along to the important stuff, the stuff that it is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment